Some people may think healthy is boring, and I’m gonna prove to you that this just isn’t the case. Below is a list of recipes and already made consumables that are satisfying to the taste buds, but won’t destroy your waistline.
- Banana Pancake-I got this recipe online from a few different nutritional blogs. Its so simple and healthy. Literally take 2 eggs, and 1 banana. That’s it. I personally use a blender to mix the two ingredients together, but you can always mash the banana first, and then mix in the eggs. Make sure you spray your pan with cooking spray, I use olive oil spray, and then pour in the amount to cook out to the size pancake you desire. Keep a low heat, and then flip over midway through, and done. These pancakes are gluten free, so perfect for people with gluten sensitivities.
- Chocolate/peanut butter/banana protein shake– I purchase Vega Chocolate Protein Powder from Whole foods (its available at other stores/online as well.) I then put in a banana, some peanut butter and soy milk (you can use any type of milk you would like), blend up and enjoy. This protein powder is plant based, 15g of Complete protein and also has 2 servings of veggies per scoop. Delicious and satisfies your chocolate cravings as well!
- Dannon Light and Fit Yogurt Drinks- This is a yogurt beverage that is not only delicious, but is only 90 calories. It has 9g of protein, and 7g of natural sugar, nothing added. I really do love this snack, satisfies my sugar craving, without all the added junk. They have different flavors, I personally enjoy the mixed berry.
- Oikos Triple Zero Greek Yogurt- So many different flavors, only 6g of natural sugar, 15g of protein, and so tasty. Seriously, if you haven’t, great yogurt snack.
- Boost Protein Shakes- Boost is another great protein drink that has lots of different vitamins and minerals, but is also a great source of protein. I buy the calorie smart ones because of the much lower sugar content. I buy both vanilla and chocolate, though I do prefer the chocolate a little better (I love chocolate and this helps to satisfy the craving.)
- Nugo Slim Vegan Protein Bars- These protein bars are so good. Seriously. They are very low in sugar, I like the Crunchy Peanut Butter ones, only 3g of sugar and 17g of protein as well as 7g of fiber. Plus they’re vegan and are gluten free, so they are great for diet sensitivities.
These are just some of the healthy options that I enjoy. What are your favorites, I’m always open to new recipes.